What is Codio?
Codio is a cloud based platform that allows for the creation, assigning, completion, testing, and grading (manual or automatic) of programming assignments. It also allows for the guided teaching of programming material. Codio includes a built in IDE so that students can code and use the resources given to them from anywhere. You can configure/template programming projects and Ubuntu machines then share them with the class in seconds, access and run student code from any connected device, and automatically keep your course and grades in sync with Canvas.
How do I get a Codio account?
SEAS has a institutional site license with Codio that provides access to all the premium features such as Canvas Integration. Faculty should contact CETS to request a Codio account.
What can I do with Codio?
For more information on the features of Codio please visit:
There you will find information on:
- Setting up Virtual Machines
- Configuring the Codio IDE
- How to Use Codio to Teach
- How to Set Up Stacks and Projects
- Script and Dialog Driven Autograding
- Non-Coding Based Autograding
- Publishing Grades to Canvas
- Creating Programming Assignments
- Creating Exams
- Plagiarism Detection
- Course Management
- Class Management