How do I mount my SEAS home directory on MacOS?
- In Finder, select Connect to Server...
from the Go pull-down menu (or press
- In the Server Address field, type (replace
username with your SEAS account name):
- Click the Connect button.
- Select Registered User and enter your SEAS account name and password when prompted.
- Select your home directory when prompted.
Your home directory will now be available under Locations in the Finder window, with an eject button you can use when you're ready to disconnect.
Outside of PennNet
The SSHFS project allows mounting of remote directories over SSH. It can be used on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Create a directory where you can mount your SEAS home directory:
mkdir -p ~/mnt/eniac
Run the command to mount your home directory. In this example, the username is bfranklin:
sshfs firstname.lastname@example.org:/home1/b/bfranklin ~/mnt/eniac
Make sure to change bfranklin to your PennKey, and the "b" in the /home1/b to the first letter of your PennKey.